What to Know About
Hair transplantation is a permanent solution to hair baldness and hair thinning problems. Healthy hair follicles are transplanted to areas where hair loss is experienced and hair follicles are no longer active. Hair transplantation procedures are generally performed by collecting active hair follicles on the neck of the patient. The collected healthy follicles are placed in the opened channels in the sparse regions.
Although hair loss is seen as a problem experienced only by men, women also experience hair loss. Baldness due to various reasons can be treated with hair transplantation. Hair transplantation aims to regain the natural hair appearance of the person. Since hair transplantation is a surgical operation, it should be performed in the hospital by specialist physicians.
Patients who meet the necessary conditions for hair transplantation can start the treatment plan they have determined together with the physicians. The physician informs the patient about what to do before and after the treatment. The patient is informed about the appropriate procedure technique and the number of follicles that can be taken. Necessary analyzes are made before the procedure. The operation begins by determining the natural hairline, the areas to be transplanted, and the donor areas. Hair transplantation is carried out in 3 stages:
- Collection of hair follicles: Hair follicles are also called “grafts”. Each graft contains 2 or 3 hairs. After the donor area where the grafts will be collected is prepared, the process begins. Grafts can be collected from durable places on the back of the head. If there is no hair on the head, follicles are collected from areas such as the chest and legs. The follicles to be used in the planting phase are preserved in sterile solutions. The collection of follicles is a stage that requires expertise. Care must be taken to apply carefully and meticulously.
- Opening Channels for Follicles: Channels are opened in places with hair thinning to plant the collected follicles. The opened channels must be of appropriate depth and width. The correct opening of the channels affects the rate of hair regrowth and follicle attachment.
- Planting follicles: The collected grafts are placed in the opened channels and the application is completed. Follicles are planted at 45-degree angles. Follicles are planted following the natural growth directions of the hair.
- Hair transplantation can be recommended for men and women over the age of 18.
- Hair transplantation treatment can be applied to cases where the hair is thin or the scalp is completely bald.
- Hair transplantation is recommended for cases where hair loss has been completed and has come to an end.
- Hair transplantation is recommended for people who have tried many hair loss treatments but have not had a successful result.
- The hair transplantation procedure is suitable for people who experience hair loss after any trauma, surgical procedure, or burn.
- Hair transplantation is also suitable for cases with conditions such as psoriasis and eczema on the scalp. These patients should undergo hair transplantation treatment after the doctor’s control and under the control of a specialist doctor.
- Any medication used should be reported to the physician. If necessary, the physician may request that the drug be discontinued before the operation.
- Alcohol and smoking should be stopped 1 week before.
- Hair should be washed before coming to the operation. The operation should be performed with clean hair.
- You should dress comfortably before the operation. Clothes that are easy to put on and take off should be preferred.
- It is recommended to rest for the first few days after hair transplantation.
- While sleeping or resting, you should lie on your back and keep your head upright. The head area can be supported by using a neck pillow.
- Regular care should be applied with drugs and creams prescribed by the doctor.
- After the operation, the treatment area should not come into contact with water and the hair should not be washed. The first hair wash is done in the clinic. After the treatment, the doctor should be consulted on how to wash the hair and which products to use.
- It is recommended to wear a shirt in order not to have any trouble while putting on and taking off the clothes.
- It is important not to hit the head after hair transplantation. Frictions and impacts that will irritate the operation area should be avoided.
Hair transplantation is recommended for people who face partial or complete hair loss. There are many methods for new hair growth: cosmetic products, laser treatments that stimulate hair follicles, hormone-suppressing drugs… If all these have been tried and still no results, hair transplantation treatment may be preferred. Hair transplantation provides advantages to the person in many ways:
- Provides success even in hair loss involving large areas.
- Provides a natural hair appearance.
- Restores the self-confidence lost due to hair loss.
- It can be applied even in cases with severe hair loss.
- Suitable for both men and women.
- After the hair starts to grow again after transplantation, it does not fall out.
2 weeks after the hair is transplanted, it sheds due to the condition called “shock loss”. This loss is normal. Some people may lose a small amount of hair, while others may have more hair loss. This may vary from case to case. The shock loss process may continue for 2-3 months.
After some of the transplanted hair falls out within 2-3 months, new follicles emerge and the hair begins to grow. Hair transplantation begins to give results within 6 months to 1 year.
Pain control is provided by local anesthesia during hair transplantation. The patient feels no pain with this method. If desired, light sedation can be given. This allows the patient to have a more comfortable operation.
Thanks to the developing technology, hair transplantation methods are also diversified day by day. Although there are many hair transplantation methods, the basic steps of the procedures are the same. The elements that distinguish the techniques from each other are the devices used when taking the grafts and the tools used during planting and opening the canal. Techniques can be named differently due to changing tools.
The whole process takes 6-7 hours in total.
FUE technique is the most popular hair transplantation method. The FUE method is generally preferred in hair transplantation operations planned for large areas. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia. Follicles are collected using a micromotor. No incision is required. Follicles to be transplanted are selected one by one. Since the incision is not made, there is no scar.
Follicles taken from the donor area are transplanted into hair thinning areas without losing their vitality.
The FUT technique is preferred by people who experience hair loss in a large area. In this hair transplantation technique, the hair on the nape is used. The follicles in the donor area are taken in sections and carefully placed on the balding parts. It is advantageous for people who want to finish the hair transplantation operation in a short time. There is no need to shorten the hair before the operation.
In this technique, which means “direct hair transplantation”, a medical pen called “choi” is used. Grafts are collected and placed with this pen. In the DHI technique, there is no need to make an incision on the skin or open a channel. Thanks to this pen used, collecting and planting operations performed in two stages are reduced to a single stage. DHI technique offers comfort to the patient. The purpose of the DHI procedure is to enable the patient to return to his/her daily life immediately and to shorten and facilitate the hair transplantation process. It is applied with local anesthesia.
Since there are many treatment methods and devices used in hair transplantation treatment, treatment prices vary. As in many other aesthetic procedures, Turkey is one of the countries that come to the fore in hair transplantation. You can get information by filling out the contact form to benefit from advanced aesthetic technologies in Turkey.
Turkey is one of the most preferred countries in the field of health tourism. Turkey, which is heavily preferred for aesthetic surgeries, provides advantages for patients in many ways. The low quality of public hospitals and the very expensive private hospitals in many countries are among the most important reasons why people from all over the world prefer Turkey for plastic surgery.
In addition, the following factors are among the reasons why Turkey is preferred for surgery.
- Level of success and experience of surgeons
- Affordable treatment costs
- Quality and all-inclusive hospitals
- VIP transfers
- Turkey’s stunning beauty
- Holiday opportunities in Turkey
- Translation services
- Accommodation, meals, and other facilities.
Hair Transplant Methods
I chose clinic evoy for hair transplant. because this operation is really very expensive in my own country. I thought of a lot of things while coming here. because I did not know about the process, but after I came here, all the information given to me was really complete and the treatments were explained to me piece by piece. I was able to listen to music and watch movies during the operation. The service was really great, I even ate dessert after the operation, blood pressure measurement every hour, everything was considered after the operation.
When my hair started to be textured, I decided to do a clinical research on hair transplantation. and after contacting me i chose the clinic evoy that really takes care of me every day. Even before I came to Izmir, all my treatment and visit plans were ready with me. And after I got there, everything went according to plan and order. A drawing was made before the hair transplant and post-operative photos were shown to me about what it would look like. I was very excited and the result was really great. i am still in contact with Clinic evoy they are number one.
I am really troubled about hair transplantation. because since i was little my hair was really weaved and i hate being bald so i searched for the best hair transplant and found the clinic evoy and talked to the people there for months. I didn’t have a chance to make a mistake in this matter because the most wonderful hair transplant had to be done to me. that’s why I asked almost hundreds of questions and thank you to the clinic evoy who answered all of them without getting bored. There is so much to say about the operation that the tests and questions asked before the operation feel great and safe. Even though it is early to talk about the result, I know that it will be great.
Services We Provide
We assure all your local transfers with our sterilized and VIP cars.
Communication is no longer a problem with our multilingual translators.
We accommodate 4-5* star hotels at tourist places to provide comfort.
Medical consultants will stay in touch after the operation to guide you.