Afro Hair Transplantation
Individuals with afro hair straighten their hair with chemical straighteners due to the structure of afro hair and shape their hair with tight braid models. These hair styling methods can cause hair loss by damaging the hair follicles. In addition to these, androgenic (male type) hair loss may also be experienced. In addition to physical effects, genetic hair loss can also be experienced by both men and women. Hair loss can be prevented with Afro hair transplantation. Afro hair transplantation can be done by adding healthy hair follicles to the areas where the hair follicle is not active. Hair transplantation aims to regain the natural hair appearance of the person.
An afro hair transplantation should be applied in the hospital and by experienced specialists. Since hair transplantation is a surgical operation, it should be applied in a sterile environment. Since Afro hair requires more effort than other hair, it requires expertise in this regard.
Hair follicles are called grafts. Afro hair transplantation is performed with grafts collected from the donor area. While the grafts are being collected, the neighboring follicles should not be damaged. Maintaining the vitality and follicular structure of the collected grafts is also a step that requires expertise. To preserve the vitality of the collected follicles, they must be kept in special liquids. If a sufficient number of grafts are collected, transplantation can be applied.
After the area to be transplanted is prepared, channels are opened for the grafts collected in accordance with the growth angle of the hair. The opened channels must have the required width and size. The channels opened at the required width will enable the follicles to attach more easily. Since the curl of the hair starts under the skin in people with Afro hair, it requires expertise to determine the direction of hair growth. After the hair follicles are planted according to the natural growth direction of the hair, the process is completed.
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) method and FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) technique are used in afro hair transplantation. In both techniques, the application is performed under local anesthesia. Each session takes an average of 6-7 hours. Up to 5000 grafts can be transplanted in a single session.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction): This technique is used in case of hair loss in large areas. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia. In the FUE technique, no incision is made on the scalp. Follicles are selected one by one and collected. Live hair follicles collected from the donor area are transplanted without losing time.
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation): The FUT method can also be used in large-area hair loss. In the FUT method, the donor area is usually the nape. Follicles are collected in the form of incisions and transplanted into thinned areas. The entire procedure is performed under local anesthesia. The FUE technique is advantageous for people who want to perform a hair transplantation operation in a short time.
Afro hair transplantation is recommended for:
- People with afro hair who have lost hair due to tight braids,
- People with afro hair who have hair loss problems due to chemical hair straighteners,
- People with afro hair with Traction Alopecia hair loss.
To get through the recovery process smoothly and quickly after the surgery, it is necessary to pay attention to the issues recommended by the doctor. It is necessary to keep the head upright while sleeping for a few days after the operation. The hair transplantation area should not be under pressure while sleeping.
During the healing process, shampoo, cream, or medications (if any) recommended by the doctor should be used regularly. During this time, the treatment area should be kept clean. Smoking and alcohol should be avoided for a few weeks after the surgery. Heavy sports and movements should be avoided until full recovery. The patient should not be exposed to excessive sunlight and should not enter the sea, pool, and bath.
Afro hair transplantation prices may vary according to the method to be used, the area to be transplanted, and the quality of the material. Having an afro hair transplantation in Turkey with the assurance of Clinic Evoy is very advantageous for patients coming from abroad. Due to the low cost of living and the exchange rate difference, patients coming from abroad can save on treatment costs. You can fill out the contact form to get more information about afro hair transplantation prices in Turkey.
Turkey is one of the most preferred countries in the field of health tourism. Turkey, which is heavily preferred for aesthetic surgeries, provides advantages for patients in many ways. The low quality of public hospitals and the very expensive private hospitals in many countries are among the most important reasons why people from all over the world prefer Turkey for plastic surgery.
In addition, the following factors are among the reasons why Turkey is preferred for surgery.
- Level of success and experience of surgeons
- Affordable treatment costs
- Quality and all-inclusive hospitals
- VIP transfers
- Turkey’s stunning beauty
- Holiday opportunities in Turkey
- Translation services
- Accommodation, meals, and other facilities.
Afro Hair Transplantation
We assure all your local transfers with our sterilized and VIP cars.
Communication is no longer a problem with our multilingual translators.
We accommodate 4-5* star hotels at tourist places to provide comfort.
Medical consultants will stay in touch after the operation to guide you.
Free & Online